handdyed handspun 1
Originally uploaded by Jam_mam.
Lovely Romney fleece washed and handspun then dyed with 'Easy Dyes'
2 skeins of BFL handspun, grey
and BFL roving. The grey BFL was dyed in the dyebath left after dying the Romney - I think i was a bit over generous with my powders :). The Roving was the byebath from after the berries with the remainder of my dyes added. Not sure how best to dye the roving as it's a bit 'flat' now but I'll spin it tomorrow and see how I get on with drafting it.
Had a lovely afternoon (cooked in the microwave - the yarn not the afternoon!) and far prefer the acid dyes to the kool aid experiments earlier in the year. Just need to get a few more colours now LOL I think you can see which side of the colour wheel I favour here.
Intersesting aside here as I used a bit of merino/tencel to finish plying I had been experimenting with to ply with the BFL and they took the dye differently so I ended up with this nice accident
you can see that the BFL/BFL strands are solid colours but the BFL/merino-tencel are barber pole as the different yarns took up the dye differently.