Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cold Hands, Warm Heart Mittens

Spinning a Yarn proudly announces the launch of a new mitten kit.








Now which colour shall I knit my own mittens in?

I decided at the beginning of the year the Wednesday would be spin day and I've had a few Wednesdays where I even managed to keep to it :)

This fibre by Babylonglegs is called 'Fire in the Sky' and I bought it ages ago and have only just gotten around to using it, it's 200gm of BFL Humbug which I spun as a 2 ply and as singles. I love the colours :) No idea what I'll make with it yet but part of my intention to spin is to also knit with my handspun so hopefully it wont be to long before I have it on my needles.

Finally if you're looking for help with seamless knitting in the round then look no further than any book by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I'd strongly recommend 'The Opinionated Knitter' and 'Knitting Without Tears' but they're all excellent books and you can't go wrong with any of them. EZ rules, if you don't know her already then my friendly advice is to get to know her a.s.a.p. :)

No comments: