Pages

Sunday, June 05, 2011

And then there was knitting


Often my spinning produces yarn that goes happily into my yarn stash but gets no further. I have however, decided to turn over a new leaf so I knit those singles (see previous post) straight away and made a Revontuli shawl. This pattern has been in my queue on Ravelry for ages but I never seemed to have the 'right' yarn, the Shetland singles were just right!

I'm very pleased with how this one turned out so I imagine there will be more. Happy with how the singles knit up and spurred on to try more I thought I'd get some preparation in for the Tour de Fleece spinning to come next month. For the duration of the Tour de France bike race we'll be spinning every day and I've decided to try art yarns so I made some thick and thin singles in Finn dyed in Acadia colourway by Amy at Spunky Eclectic.


If you'd like to join the Spinning a Yarn, Tour de Fleece Team and spin with us then post over on the Ravelry group - the more the merrier :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the Revontuli Jacqui !!