Pages

Friday, September 02, 2011

Learn to Spin!

If you've been thinking about learning to spin I may have just the opportunity you have been looking for :)

I am teaching a day's Workshop here at the end of this month.

Scroll down on the Workshop - 'current courses' page and you'll see the 'Spinning Workshop' details.

I love teaching people to spin and we'll be starting with the basic  yarn production and move on to look at plying and designing yarn for your projects. We'll also cover different fibres and how to work with them and look at combing and carding and preping fibre for spinning. Later we'll look at wheel spinning and what to look for and avoid when choosing a wheel.

I am really looking forward to my day and hope to meet lots of new spinners, places are limited though so book now if you'd like a wonderful wooly day :)

No comments: