Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2006

george & nancy


george
Originally uploaded by Jam_mam.

Despite all indications to the contrary it is never my intension to give you blurred photographs. It's just a natural talent I have *rolls eyes* must do better for 2007 VBG

This is the scarf I have made for George (DH's 'Uncle') it is a mock cable and knitted in a chunky yarn. This was a big change from the lace knitting I have been doing (and dreaming of ding) for the last little while and the 4 ply scarf I knitted last. My fingers protested after a while so I had to stop and stretch them several times and one evening put it away altogether mindful that if I continued I might be in pain the next day. But prudence paid dividends.

The yarn was given to me by Nancy (George's other half) and also a dear friend who made me very welcome when I first moved here 5 years ago. Can it really be that long? Time flies.

So for Nancy I am half way though making a pair of socks

nancy2

These are a tube sock which I hope will be easy to put on as Nancy has arthritis in all her joints :o( They are again in yarn donated by her and in a DK heathery shade which I have photographed poorly (again!) The bok is one of my christmas presents to myself. The pattern is in it, yes it is much more than a sweater book VBG 2 x 2 rib for cuff then 4 x 4 twisted rib without any shaping down to the toe decrease. This in contrast to the scarf was an easy knit and grew very quickly and I have yet to make the twin, I estimate 2 evenings work to finish that. Then we will pop round to share our seasonal good wishes.

Whilst on the topic of good wishes you could do worse than visit Stephanie's web site . Make a donation to MSF and spread a little of our good will a little further.

I have been blessed with a very good year, I really hope I will be able to tell you much more in the early new year, for now, think positive things for me on January 5th please. I don't like to open my Christmas presents before Christmas, it's not auspicious. (sp?)

Meanwhile I am sewing agin and enjoying every minute. But I still need more hours or faster fingers!

No comments: