Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Filling In some More Missing Bits

Another jumper that I completed for Christmas was DD1's reindeer jumper.

 DD strikes a comedy catalogue pose on Christmas Day morning (still in her pj's lol). She's happy with this one and so am I. The original inspiration came from a Martin Storey pattern in a Rowan book where it was knit flat and seamed. Sadly those seams dissected the reindeer so I decided to put the whole lot into a knit in the round project and to knit the reindeer around the yoke. This one was knit in King Cole Baby Alpaca which we sell at Ringarosie and it is gorgeous soft yarn. I really enjoyed knitting with it and have enough left over for a little something for myself, I just haven't decided what yet.
I have recently cast on for another adapted pattern again from a couple of Rowan originals. I'm taking the shaping from one patterns and the stitch pattern/design from another and again putting it onto circular needles and knitting it in the round. This will be a new challenge as I am knitting a cardi this time so I will have to take the scissors to it and steek the front opening. The original has set in sleeves so I have to decide whether to go with this option or to work a drop shoulder and pick up and knit the sleeves down instead of just putting them from flat into a knit in the round version. I don't need to decide yet though as I am still working the wait shaping. This one is in Rowan Harris Scottish Tweed lovely yarn to work with in a soft heathered blue, loving it!

Another more recently finsihed project is the linen stitch scarf I have knit using a lovely gify or Noro Sock Yarn from A Ravelry friend. This fabric looks woven and we have it on display in the shop at the moment where it has prompted much discussion.

 The original idea came from a Ravelry pattern called "Mini Mania Scarf" which uses lots of mini skeins of sock yarn, as the Noro has long colour runs it worked well for this pattern and I will use the pattern again - 450 stitches on a 4.5mm needle makes a looooooong scarf - I might not do so many stitches another time lol those rows went on forever!
Sorry for the poor photos which were taken on my phone and emailed to my laptop - I'll get the hang of this technology stuff sooner or later - we have a new ipad in the shop - well it's Barbara's really but I am pretending it's mine too hahaha - and it is fabulously wonderful - I am saving up! Great for looking up yarn and finding substitutions so if you are coming to the shop looking for yarn bring your pattern with you and we can help find the perfect yarn to use :) I'd love to see or hear if anyone has good stitch pattern they've used for scarves, linen stitch is a new favourite! Off to work on that cardigan now. Happy knitting!

No comments: