Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Slow progress

Not a great deal of craft achieved this week. I have completed all the rows of jars for the bug quilt so I now need to add the sashing between the rows and around the outside before I can sandwich and quilt. May put the top to one side and quilt/button/tie it later as it is intended for a Christmas present. I am also making one for my niece (the bug one is for her brother) and this will have a fairy theme, so I can start collecting fabric as soon as I am solvent again.

Had a huge garage car repair bill :( but at least I am mobile again which is very helpful with the long school holidays coming up :)

Had a Care Team meeting for little X today and they will be with me for the foreseeable future so that gives me time to make the things I have planned for them. Belle kindly shared two patterns - one for a gnome house and the other for a fairy dress. Both look really good.

I have committed myself to swaps again via the Craft Forum so I feel back under pressure. All self inflicted as no one made me sign up. Full of good intentions. Having said all that which seems negative, I have really enjoyed the swaps I have done so far this year. The friendship block swap has been good because each month it is something different and only one block so not too arduous :) The CQRR I have really enjoyed and things seem to be moving again as Gail has received three blocks today! The mini-swaps are excellent as they are on a realistic scale for me financially and time wise. So why did I sign myself back up for the big swaps? ... Shabby Chic Bag, Winter and a private swap - any of which would be fine individually, but all three. Oh dear. Need more hours in the day again :) Will just have to let the kids go ferral for a while.

No comments: