Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Where does the time go?

Gratuitous eyecandy to cheer me up.

Hope the postman has these in his bag in the morning I need the colour in my life.


So much crammed into this past week that I thought it was a fortnight since I last posted. I am quite relieved to see that it is only a week.


I have finished writing up the pattern for my project for Yarn Forward and posted the sample and pattern off this morning. Sadly, I don't trust the post so I sent it Special Delivery to try and make sure it arrived safely. If only I lived closer I'd have delivered it by hand.


I wish I could show you a preview but I don't want to spoil the surprise. I am also writing an article for the same issue which is nearly finished. It's at the 'is it finished yet?' stage. Tweaking will continue for the remainder of the weekend and then Dee gets to edit my spelling (and probably lots more besides).


Two purchases from Dee this week to look forward to. I do hope the post isn't as bad as I fear and they arrive tomorrow, tiredness leaves me feeling a little below par. That and the time of year, the vagaries of the benefit and tax system and the weather all combine to make me feel Blah! Thank goodness for knitting, but as usual, not enough time.


Oliver's blanket has me addicted to squares, stuck for a take along project for the foster carer's support group this week i quickly cast on for another square. BT has inspired me to make a Pi that I can take along and use for mindless knitting, boy do I need this at the moment.


Writing in this frame of mind is an uphill struggle, but there have been more bright spot than blues today so maybe tomorrow will be another better day. Here's hoping. Anyway, today's big good thing is that Annette is back! Yay!

4 comments:

Soo said...

I love the colours!

Can't wait to see what you have for us in Yarn Forward.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Wow - you've been busy. Well done for having a pattern and article accepted.

Linda said...

The article and pattern sound exciting! I hope the yarn has picked you up a bit.

Annette said...

Yes, back again and commenting too!

How wonderful to have a project in Yarn Forward , I can't wait to see it.

This time of year is always a struggle especially if you throw in a few extra problems on top of the grey weather... but we aready have a few yellow crocus popping their heads up in the grass bringing the promise of brighter days..
So here's hoping for some sunnier days soon in every sense!
Hugs Axx
P.S. Pi shawl? Haven't seen that yet...must add to to do list!