Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Linking

Today I am sending you to read The Yarn Harlot's post on spinning - she says it so much more eloquently than I could!


My own productivity has ground to a halt as I have to send Julia back to whence she came for a little TLC :( this has rather taken the sparkle off my spinning but I lurve it still and we will be reunited once her wobble is fixed, hopefully.


Meanwhile I am cracking on with the wedding Stole and (tempting fate) still on target. This was greatly helped by having to spend hours and hours hanging around the RVI whilst DD1 had minor surgery on Monday. Hospitals have their own time zone where everything lasts longer and the clock ticks slower than in the rest of reality. But never mind it worked in favour of the stole and DD is fine :) I did manage to make it back for DD2's first ever parent's evening. She's in year 1 next year, I'm sure you already know this because she has made it her personal mission in life to tell everyone this fact whether they are interested or not :)


I went to my first Stitch 'n' Bitch last night and it was lovely. Starbucks in Borders at Silverlink, North Shields, good company and good coffee, and knitting. I rashly risked taking the wedding stole with me but it survived my inattention (I talk too much, don't I, I know I do, sorry?) despite a missed YO and a lack of k2tog which I found when I got home. A quarter of the way there now, roughly and my holiday knitting to come I am (foolishly?) confident LOL


School summer holidays begin today due to the council workers strike knocking 2 very valuable days off the end of the term, ah well!

No comments: