My naked CQ block is ready to be posted off to New Zealand to xstitch4eva my partner in the round robin. I am quite pleased with the block. Here is a picture Having thought about which fabric to use for ages in the end I just chose a purple palet and picked the prettiest at random from my CQ stash. As for making the block - I stitched and flipped also pretty much at random and made it up as I went along. The only rule is that there are no rules - right? Some of the fabrics moved whilst they were being sewn but it didn't effect the finished piece and all the seams will be stabalised by the embellishment so I'm happy it will be okay.
Now I just need to make a booklet to go with the block on it's journey around the members of my group. This booklet will tell the other members what my likes and dislikes are and any preferences for embellishment. Each successive group member will add details of their work so that there is a record of who did which embellishment.
I am really looking forward to this RR - my first, and to the CQ I will get back. The block is 10" x 10" and I plan to use the resulting fabric as the front piece of a bag. I made it plenty big enough - I hope! I didn't add any embellishment myself at this stage as I didn't have much time and I didn't know where to begin - truthfully I didn't want to spoil it!