Well, here it is. A simple double feather stitch with lazy daisy chain stitch flowers in green and yellow
The picture is not the best - flash flared off the fabric - but good enough to get some idea of how I did it.
The feather stitch looked good before I did the chain stitch flowers - they were a little disappointing being uneven, but okay for a first attempt. Dithered about the colours too but B helped me be confident in my choice.
I still have a motif to do and I have B to thank for that too :).
Getting on well with my knitting project - colours in the yarn even better than I thought - will post a picture tomorrow.
PS B has suggested I might add beads to the flowers and this is probably a good idea and should hide some imperfections so watch this space ...