Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

OK OK OK you shamed me into it...

Only kidding... I feel a sewing mojo coming on. I'm itching to get stitching.

Btw, I wont look like that when we meet. I will have tidy, combed gorgeous locks and i will have lost another 2 stonnes :o) We live in hope :o)

Meanwhile as a taster, photos will follow ...

Whilst I'm here ... do you feel guilty about giving away something you don't really like? Something in me says you should really give gifts that you'd love to have yourself. The SW is a case in point, which is why I am thinking of it :o) I don't think it is big enough for me. Everytime I wear it (if I do) I would be annoyed that it wasn't bigger. I might just not wear it at all. That would be a shame, it would be a waste of the hours of work (although the process was rewarding in and of itself) so it is better to find it a home where i hope it will be loved, right? Hmm, can't help thinking it's a 'tainted' gift though. Ah for a clear conscience :o) However, on the other hand, if someone gave me the SW I would be really pleased with it. Another dilema is that I ought really to knit the thing with the recipient in mind if it is a gift. Not give it to them as an afterthought. Ah the hurdles we place in our own way! Over thinking this one maybe?

2 comments:

Helen said...

I wouldn't feel guilty about giving the shawl to your Aunty,Jackie. She would really appreciate it I'm sure. You make some gorgeous things. Wish I could knit as well as you. It's not
as though you don't like it. Just
that you'd
feel more comfortable wearing it if it was a little larger. Knit another one for yourself maybe.
An excuse to buy some more wool?LOL
I know everything I give as a gift has to be something I'd like to receive.

LittleBerry said...

The shawl is beautiful and the recipient will love it and if you're not happy with the size of it then it's not going to get used....

But I do understand that feeling of giving gifts that you really don't like... I have a pair of socks in the same situation.....