Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Christmas Ornament Naked blocks


Christmas Ornament Naked blocks
Originally uploaded by Jam_mam.

Started my Christmas Ornament swap this afternoon by making these naked blocks to embroider and embellish. I haven't decided yet what shape the ornaments will be but thought I'd make a start at least, so I can sit and sew in the evenings this week.

I think the colours may be a little stronger than I envisaged initially, I got carried away with my cream and gold theme when I went to the fabric stash! Maybe sticking to more creams would have lent themselves better to gold embroidery and beads etc. Pondering whether to go for other colours too or to 'fight' with the stronger colours and stick with the cream and gold. Perhaps I'll do one of each and see how they turn out :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jacqui,
I just love these blocks, looks very wedding-ish.

Jacqui said...

Thanks Leeanne :) Yes, I hadn't thought weddings but you're right.