Pages

Friday, June 30, 2006

swatch1


swatch1
Originally uploaded by Jam_mam.

This is the first ever swatch to check my tension prior to knitting a garment :) It is for Debbie Bliss' cardi pattern here. I am knitting it in Cotton Angora so I thought I had better check my tension. It had to happen sooner or later, I've been knitting since I was 6 so it's about time I made a tenson square. The pattern tension is 18 x 28 the swatch is 20 x 27 so now I am stuck, do I use a bigger needle or a smaller needle or shall I just revert to type and knit it whilst hopeing for the best? LOL VBG, off to knit a jumper.

PS might get round to finishing the Colinette cardi I started last year sometime, only need to do the button bands and sew it up! Languishing in a corner!

Naughty non-finishing knitter woman!



ETA cotton angora is from my stash - I haven't been buying agin. Will show you what I bought which isn't in the stash photo tomorrow :) Last of the buying until September - on a stashalong - again! But this time I am sticking to it - honest :)

1 comment:

Badger said...

Get stitch gauge - row gauge is easier to fudge!