A little ahead of myself, it hasn't got it's border yet, I'm just beginning.
The centre of 'field of flowers' was intended to be made square by knitting an equal number or gs ridges to the number of stitches cast on. Nice and simple, yes?
No. At a little shy of 2/3 I was knitting a square when all dimensions are stretched very slightly. Thank goodness for those super long KP Options cables. I laid it on the table and thought to myself "That's a square, that is!"
So intentions are shelved and knitting by the seat of the pants instigated. 2/3rds of cast on stitches for the number of ridges, it is. Now I am inclined to rush these things and 'cast off' prematurely but I have measured and measured and looked and looked and it is square, it really is. Near as 'damn it' is to swearing, and certainly once blocked!
All of which means my next job tonight is to pick up all those edging stitches and begin knitting the border.
How I have dithered over this. In the end (although I am presuming no last minute change of mind here) I am going for an Old Shell/Shale border and staying with the Shetland theme. I did consider the tree of life, but more of that another time.
I have just started the 3rd ball of yarn which leaves me with just enough to knit a decent border and edging, I hope :o) Wish me luck!