Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

So, what have you been doing?


fieldflowers
Originally uploaded by Jam_mam.

Well, I haven't done any more on the contest entry, I had a radical 'design change/crisis' mid session *shock* and, no, it isn't a shawl - tease, tease. I'd love to do a shawl but don't have the yardage in the yarn I was sent, quite a challenge. It's 'marinating' whilst I ponder.

But meanwhile, I had an idea, which I will keep to myself for now, and decided it was time I used some stash :o) and designed a shawl myself. I have been buying up vintage lace shawl patterns on eBay and setting myself to charting all those long hand directions *rolls eyes*. Very interesting, let's call it research :o)

fieldflowers2

So I cast on in a 4ply and here comes a baby shawl with lots of help from Heirloom Knitting and many other lacey books. I'll do a list later. Big day today so a little list this afternoon/evening will be just what the doctor ordered. If you think my lace weight stash is big you should see my books :o)


Pattern: field of flowers, needles: size 5mm, Posh Yarn: clotted cream, an organic merino. Yummy, yummy, yummy. Such a theraputic knit. Clickety clack, clickety clack.

No comments: