Pages

Friday, June 17, 2005

A perfect pair!

I managed to make another one to complete the pair :) and in time to post it today so it should be there for Dad to open it on his birthday, Monday. I stayed up until 12.30am to get it done and then my little foster child (who has a heavy cold) woke up at 4.20am. As X shares a room I had to get up too or the whole house would have been awake. Ah the joys of 'parenthood' :)

I think these turned out rather well, if I do say so myself. I am pleased I managed to get the stripes in the same places and I'm also impressed with the wool which lets you create patterns without changing balls of wool and using just plain knit throughout (apart from the rib on the 'cuff').

I also finished piecing another quilt top. These log cabin blocks were bought on eBay as a mercy mission :) to rescue someone else's unfinished project. Can't resist a bargain!

It measures approx. 45" square and still needs to be quilted and bound - could be a prospective Xmas present. I just need to decide if I need to add a border or whether it will be big enough for a lap quilt as it is.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Yep! They look pretty good!!
Just what I NEED at the moment as Winter rears its head "Downunder"