Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Feather & Fan Wrap

Over on the Shoalwater blog - whilst I wasn't knitting (okay, okay I was knitting, I was knitting) http://shoalwaterangels.blogspot.com/ I blogged the beginning of my second Feather & Fan shawl.

Having decided that I cast off too soon for the Shoalwater itself, I didn't want to do the exact same project again but did want something similar... which I found in the Folk Shawls book (see blog link above & scroll down for the full story).

Here's where I am up to. I've added a second colour as when I read the pattern properly the 3 skeins of patter I had, wouldn't be enough!
When will I learn to read a pattern before I start knitting?
I also started the pattern wrongly and did my first row of YO and k2togs before I should have, it doesn't really matter, but it does illustrate that I start with great enthusiasm and not much preperation *rolls eyes*.
Luckily I had the Ocean colour in Emily too so I will have the 4 required. I like it so much I am toying with the idea of making it into a small blanket or throw instead of a shawl. :o) I'm striping the Ocean so it looks like I meant to do it that way VBG. Might add the Frost Flowers but not sure they go well. Dither, dither.
Colours in the photo are lighter than real life, the sun is shining today - we're off to Durham later to the Botanical Gardens where K can make it rain in the rainforest *winks* wouldn't it be nice occasionally to make the weather behave how we'd like it to.
But a walk with early spring flowers will do me the power of good. Teen monsters are griping about being made to come *rolls eyes*, but they'll be wanting me to run round after them for the rest of the Easter Holidays so today is my turn. Mwahaha. Besides it'll do them good!

No comments: