Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Proportions- Spring Things!

Proportions of the original Spring Things seem (by eye) to be roughly 2/3rd Chart A to 1/3rd Charts B + C.

I have started Chart B after doing 21 repeats of Chart A.

I took the stitches off the needles and spread the shawl out (and pinned it) lightly stretched and it measures 26", so the finished size would be at least 39" neck to point. Which will be just right.


So now I need approx. 13" of border. I am guessing 5 repeats of chart B +C, odd numbers look better, don't they? So far so good. The pattern is really well written the charts are easy to read and it's all going along swimmingly.

Clickety clack, clickety clack.

1 comment:

janjan said...

HELLO, jami. Guess who.
I've been knitting as well, I want a shrug/shawl pattern. I've been looking for a simple but lacy pattern, I've looked in Knitty.com and another forum I'm in but can't find anything that grabs me yet. It will be probably be summer again by the time I get around to it. Still to do the toe on my sock and I'm knitting a log cabin blankie as a stashbuster. Well I'll email you later -is it still the same one.