Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Queen of the Waves - corrections!

I promised that I'd put up my corrections for the Q o t W but I think the ones Ilga has on her website are now correct so please see here for the changes. I love the Queen but she's a little flighty for me, I am afraid all of those loops will snag so I don't see me wearing her for the school run!

Whilst your there do have a look round at her other patterns, I'll be casting on for the Lady of the Forest very soon. I'm going to use the yarn I was intending to use for the Queen before i got the Schaefer Anne. this is an altogether more practical wear anywhere project so i see it getting lots of use. I am hoping the variegated yarn will show well in this design and not pool as it tends to with top down, triangular shawls.

Progress on the aran weight Forest Canopy is fast - hope to finish by the weekend and I've just joined the blog for the Projects club, looking forward to that immensely, itching to get stitching on the sample. Online group participation adds a lot to my enjoyment of all things knitterly like Dee's yahoo group for Posh Yarn for example. It's the same kind of thrill I get when people leave comments here. I have never been successful at keeping a private diary but blogging is a whole different thing. I can't imagine not blogging now. Not reading your blogs too would be strange. It's part of my daily life. When something happens or I see something knitting related I think "oh, I'll blog that!"

No progress at all on the baby Shawl as she is still sitting in the naughty corner whilst i struggle with doing what i know in my heart must be done and frogging back and starting again. the proportions are all wrong. Note to self : do a tension square, sometimes near enough is not near enough to be good enough! *sigh!*

1 comment:

Linda said...

The shawl you made is lovely, as are all the designs on the link! Blogging and on line knitalongs etc make knitting feel so much more community based for me too, I don't know any knitters near me!