Monday, January 30, 2006

Finished sewing ... not qite over yet :)

Originally uploaded by Jam_mam.

I chose this design as i wanted a dense coverage of the hand to make the heart in the centre stand out clearly. i have also found that if you use to open a stitch on small areas (e.g. fingers) it is quite difficult to see the pattern and know where to sew.

On the larger crinoline lady which i stitched for the AlL that jazz block i used several different patternd to fill the shape, but as this hand is quite small i kept it to one.

The pattern was taken from this book. All the blackwork patterns are stitched in simple backstitch through all layers of the fabric using the grid provided by the waste canvas as a guide. nothing difficult, just time consuming, it took me an evening to fill in this hand.

The next step is to remove the waste canvas.

No comments: